Ok so I kinda gave up on the whole "SSOM" thing, because I'm just too busy to update my blog like every-other-day. And because of that, I think I'll just create an issue for each week. So, maybe I'll publish them on Saturday, so make sure you check on SATURDAY! Well, without further ado, here is this week's issue! Enjoy!
French Food=Yum!
Today, my family and I went to meet my aunt's in-laws. We arrived at Newport Beach and together, we went to this shopping mall called "Fashion Island". We went to Barnes and Noble first, because we needed to kill some time before the restaurant opened. And so, I bought a book called "The Sorcerer's Companion: A Guide to the Magical World of Harry Potter", by Allan and Elizabeth Kronzek. But, I would have never have heard of it if it weren't for the lovely Vivian. =D And, those of you that don't know who she is, she's one of my best friends.
Now that the restaurant, called "French 75 Bistro", opened we went in to eat lunch. I ordered the Soup du Jour, or the Soup of the Day, which happened to be corn chowder. Then, I shared a seabass with my mom. To top it all up, we ordered a chocolate souffle, or souffle au chocolat. It was my first time tasting it and those that love French food and chocolate, this is the perfect dish for you. They serve it warm, and make a tiny hole and pour melted chocolate in. Then, they put whipped cream on it, and ta-da! A chocolate souffle! The food was DELICIOUS, so if you ever go to Fashion Island, go to this restaurant!!!
After eating, we went to my aunt's in-laws' house. But, I guess you wouldn't really consider it a "house". Why? You ask, well because they live in a mobile home. So, instead of living in a house with a foundation and stuff, they live in a huge car, with a bed and a small living room. This way, they can travel a lot! My dad always wanted to rent one of those and travel cross-country, visiting landmarks and stuff. I think it sounds fun, but I wouldn't have that much skating time.
Then, we went home and one of my skating friends, Alicia, and her brother came to our house. One of Vicky's friends, Jami, also came. They went swimming and then played Mario Kart Wii for a bit. We also had dinner together. My dad cooked spicy chicken, spicy tofu, and meatballs in soup. It was really good! And I'm not saying this to make him feel good, just FYI, it's the truth!
Well, I had a wonderful day and I'm feeling kinda tired now, so talk to you all later!
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CONTEST: This is your chance to me on my blog! It's simple, just send me YOUR story to me, and if yours is good, it might appear on my site! And don't worry, I won't give away any personal information like your email and stuff. Here are the rules:
1. Only one entry per person.
2. Maximum 750 characters per story.
3. No being mean to anyone.
4. The story can be fiction or non-fiction, or even a news report like mine. It can be anything!
5. HAVE FUN!!!!! =D
Here are the prizes:
1st place: Your story will appear on my blog! Also, you will get a drawing by ME!
2nd place: A section of your story will appear on my blog, and a small drawing.
3rd place: A drawing by me!
Ok well have fun! The deadline is AUGUST 23, so get started!!!! If you win, your story will be in the 3rd issue of the Fall Volume! Have fun and enter!!! And tell your friends!!!!

2 comments:
Sounds like a great day! You finally updated your blog!
I'm going to send a story to your email later.
Post a Comment